Are you wondering how to fit health and wellness into your busy schedule? Looking for more balance in your life? Let’s talk!
Instead of finding balance, think about harmonizing your life activities. Allow them to work together to support what’s important to you. Call it what you’d like but poor harmony or balance can lead to fatigue, less time with family and friends, and increased expectations. Start doing less of what you don’t want and do more of what you want.
Granted, this is easier said than done but here’s how to get started:
- First ask yourself “What are my values?” “What is the most important thing for me right now?”
- Once you’ve defined your values, respect them. Prioritize what’s important and urgent. Write them down.
- Limit the activities that sap your time and energy and don’t support your values. These can include surfing the web, social media, watching TV, etc.
- Schedule one thing you look forward to each day. It doesn’t have to be extravagant or expensive. It can be as simple as going for a walk or getting a massage.
- Respect your private time and take time to recharge. A little relaxation goes a long way.
- Set boundaries and learn to say “no.”
- If you start to feel burnt out, go back to step 1 and re-evaluate what’s important to you.
Looking for more tips to harmonize your life? I’m here to help! Contact me here.